Lottery terms and conditions
St. Barnabas House hospice is part of a charity known as St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd (see point 16 below).
All profits from St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Lottery go directly towards funding our hospice charity services which help and support patients and their families and carers. We offer these services at no cost to our patients and families.
- Players must be 16 years old or over and a UK resident.
- There will be 23 guaranteed weekly prize winners.
- Cost of entry into the weekly Friday draw is £1 per membership, payable in advance.
- New members will be sent a welcome letter advising them of their randomly selected draw number(s) and a personal membership number.
- Payments can be made by either direct debit, standing order, cheque or debit card.
- If a member wishes to have more than 10 entries per week or wishes to purchase single tickets exceeding the value of £100 in a bumper draw, this will be referred to the Lottery Manager for approval.
- The draw will normally take place each Friday. All subscriptions received by close of business the working day prior to the draw at a minimum of £1 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique draw number. If the usual draw day falls on a Bank Holiday the draw will be postponed until the following working day. Each of the weekly winners are selected at random by our secure computer software.
- Prize winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking place. This will include the relevant prize cheque made payable in the name of the entrant only. (Players must be 16 years old or over and a UK resident).
- Weekly winning numbers are published in the local press and on our websites www.chestnutlottery.org.uk and www.stbarnabaslottery.org.uk. They are also read out on More radio usually on the day of the draw. The results will also be displayed in all of our hospice shops.
- It is the responsibility of the member to advise us of any change of address or any other membership contact details deemed necessary. St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd will not be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details. Prize cheques are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Unclaimed prize cheques after this period will be treated as a donation to hospice general funds.
- Lottery membership payments are not eligible for gift aid.
- St Barnabas Hospices Lottery cannot accept liability for the loss of or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, nor for any delays in the banking system.
- Membership cancellation can be carried out at any time although those received after 12:00 hours on a Thursday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. To cancel please contact the office on 01903 871842 or email us on email@example.com. If members cancel, we will refund to them the amount they are in credit at the time of cancellation if requested (subject to the ‘receiving before 1200 hours Thursday’ condition). This will be sent to the named member by cheque within 7 working days.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription without giving reason and at our absolute discretion.
- Members will be part of the St Barnabas Hospices Lottery covering both St Barnabas House adult hospice and Chestnut Tree House children’s hospice. The allocation of funds will depend on which membership form has been completed. There is a different application form for each hospice.
- The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that St Barnabas Hospices Lottery has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are aged 16 or over. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. St Barnabas Hospices Lottery will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement, if necessary including seeking confirmation from relevant Agencies who can provide such information.
- Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 16 we will refund their money and withhold the prize.
- Members wishing to self-exclude can do so by contacting the Lottery Office, but will not be able to rejoin the UK lottery for a period of 6 months from the date of self-exclusion.
- All complaints or disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery Office. In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. As we are a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Arbitration Service (IBAS)
- St Barnabas Hospices Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association www.hospicelotteries.org.uk. This organisation makes a financial contribution on behalf of their members to the Responsible Gambling Trust. The Hospice Lotteries Association website has a page dedicated to the responsible Gambling Trust and also GAMCARE the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further assistance can be found on the Gamble Aware website
- St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
Registered Charity No. 256789
Lottery Licence No. 000-004684-N-304773-009
Promoter: St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd
Responsible Manager: Stephanie Smith and Max Caunhye
Registered address: St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd, Titnore Lane, Goring by Sea, Worthing, West Sussex, BN12 6NZ. We are registered as a company in England and the registered company number is 930107.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission – www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk